Thursday, October 20, 2011

At it again....

My track record for blogging is not very good. I’m not sure what my hold up is. I enjoy writing and as you all know I’m an oversharer. I think it all comes down to time. I’m bad at maximizing my free time so that got me thinking about what is my real purpose behind wanting to put my thoughts out there. Why am I even trying to add blogging to my to-do list?

In my opinion I spend way too much time looking at other people’s lives on Facebook. The purpose of this blog is to encourage me to think and reflect on a deeper level with the experiences I have in my own life. I don’t want to go down in history as only an observer. I think it is becoming harder to stay focused on our own lives. Yes, I see the irony in turning to a public Blog to better “connect” with my life….

As a self described “know it all” I have a tendency to brush off the advice I get from people (I’m working on it). I have to admit that there are two things I’ve heard over and over again since becoming pregnant that I now accept them as absolute truths.

-       It all goes by so fast. People I know well and people I was meeting for the first time would all say this to me when I was an expectant parent. I started to think this is the thing that people say when they didn’t know what else to say to you but now I get it. It is a feeling every parent can relate to. While I won’t argue that some phases seem to last forever (like the first few weeks when Mia wouldn’t sleep longer than 4 hours at a time) what this really means to me now is life is beautiful, it unfolds fast and we all have the desire to stretch it out and hold on to the beauty in it.
-       Your life will never be the same. This sounds self explanatory and on the surface it couldn’t be more true, but for me this was most recognized in the fact that my life will never be the same again emotionally. I have experienced deeper emotions since having Mia than I ever thought possible. I have a desire to connect with the world in a way I never cared to before.

I’m going to try to not be too critical with myself about my posts. There will be typos and there will be posts that don’t read well. I don’t want my posts to take me great amounts of time to produce either. I also will not spend hours (as I’ve previously done) experimenting with the look of my blog. The focus now is on the quality of my posts. Please call me out if I change my background more times than I make a post. Fingers crossed that my next post isn’t about Mia going off to kindergarten for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment