I really enjoyed the article The 12 Things You Miss Most During Pregnancy. When I first got pregnant I was afraid to say anything negative. I thought the negative energy would somehow be passed on to our baby (I know that is a little crazy) and I thought people would think poorly of me and assume I wasn't incredibly grateful about being pregnant. Well here I am 187 days into my pregnancy (93 days to go!) and I'm ok with saying I really miss some things from my non-pregnant days. Overall pregnancy has been good to me (for all those people who listened to me complain about throwing up on public transportation...can you believe I'm saying this now!?). It's becoming more apparent to me that I've grown up a lot since finding out I'm pregnant. I realize I can't have everything my way, I've learned to truly listen to my body, I feel more compassionate towards people, I've learned it's ok to need a break, I've become the queen of compromise, I've learned to not view limitations of my body/getting sick as weakness and I've learned I can't do it all I just have to do the best I can. These lessons may have come easy for other people but for my hard headed, Type A, bossy, judgemental little self they didn't.
Ok but now seriously for the things I miss.........
- I miss being one of the fastest (ok maybe I just mean faster) people on the treadmill. I didn't know it was possible in my pre-pregnancy days that you could walk at 3.8 speed on a 4.0 incline and break a sweat. Seriously!?
-I miss my wardrobe. I've never been a very fashionable person (ask my sister) but I have a lot of clothes because I am a hand me down queen (thanks again to my sister) and the fact that I never throw anything away. I get up every morning now and sigh when I look at my 3 pair of pants that fit, my 6 shirts and my one shoe choice (thank God for slip on shoes).
-I miss being able to sit on the same piece of furniture with my husband. We used to both be able to lay together comfortably on the couch or sit together in our family room chair. Now when I come in for landing my poor husband has to remove himself from the couch or chair because we just don't fit there anymore!
-I miss coffee. Matt and I love coffee. We are kind of coffee snobs. I can't wait to drink coffee again and feel giddy with excitement when the automatic grinder turns on in the morning because I know it is working for me! I told Matt- "I just don't like myself without coffee."
That's enough whining for now. I promise in a later post to flip this and tell you everything I love about pregnancy.
After baby is born..give it 6 months before you completely forget all the negative and crave the belly once more ;)
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry I don't have any maternity wear to pass down to you! We didn't plan this correctly! :)
ReplyDelete