Tuesday, February 1, 2011

The End of the Car Diet

For the past 8 months Matt and I have shared one car. We did this in an effort to save money and pay down our (ok my) debt. We were inspired to make this "radical" (as quoted from a recent article I read) move after reading about how much money a car actually costs annually by the time you look at car payment, insurance and gas.

Thanks to my ability to get to my job by public transportation Matt and I were able to commute together. On the weekends we ran our errands together. We found a way to make it all work. I would say in the 8 months we did the one car thing we only had about 5 times that we actually had a legitimate bind. Maybe that means the two of us need to get a life.

After three months of settling into this arrangement we learned we were expecting our baby girl so we looked at each other and realized we better start saving for a second car. Life's timing is hilarious.

Last weekend we bought our second car. We chose a Subaru Legacy (Super Subaru...thank you AJ). Matt's happy because he feels like he got a Daddy car that is still sporty. I'm sure once he straps that car seat in the back it's going to look super sporty.

PS: Is this a boring first post!?

No comments:

Post a Comment